Did you know Cafe2U’s head office is in Yorkshire?
With Yorkshire Day 2019 coming up tomorrow, why not celebrate with us (wherever you are!) by making a proper Yorkshire cake?
You can find the full recipe below – so get stuck into making some Parkin and enjoy your Cafe2U drinks tomorrow with a slice of God’s Own Country!
- 200g butter – plus extra for greasing
- 1 large egg
- 4 tbsp milk
- 200g golden syrup
- 85g treacle
- 85g light soft brown sugar
- 100g medium oatmeal
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Butter a deep 22cm square cake tin and line with baking parchment. Beat the egg and milk together with a fork.
- Gently melt the syrup, treacle, sugar and butter together in a large pan until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat. Mix together the oatmeal, flour and ginger and stir into the syrup mixture, followed by the egg and milk.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 50 mins – 1 hr until the cake feels firm and a little crusty on top. Cool in the tin then wrap in more parchment and foil. Keep for up to five days before eating if you can – it’ll become softer and stickier the longer you leave it, up to two weeks.
You can find the full recipe here…