Protecting Your Privacy
Cafe2U are committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy. Changes to the Privacy Law now require organisations, such as Cafe2U Limited, to keep personal information private and secure. We understand the importance of privacy to our customers and we are conscious of our obligation to use your personal information responsibly. This policy lets you know what data we may collect about you, how we use it and it gives you information about your rights and how to get in touch with us.
- access their information;
- correct their information;
- contact us if they are concerned with how their information is being used;
- withdraw their consent for their information to be used at anytime
This webpage describes the information that the Privacy Law requires us to communicate to all of our customers. We hope it helps you understand how we handle your personal information and deliver the protection that the Privacy Law affords.
In this document ‘Cafe2U’ refers to Cafe2U Limited. Cafe2U is a mobile coffee franchise system that sells franchises and supports its franchisees in the delivery of fresh espresso coffee and food to consumers within the UK.
Cafe2U franchisees are all committed to protecting your privacy too, but please note each Cafe2U franchisee is responsible for their operation and compliance with data protection laws.
Your personal information
Personal information held by Cafe2U about you may include:
- date of birth;
- telephone numbers;
- e-mail address;
- purchasing details;
- employment details;
- financial information;
- organisation or event details; and
- any other relevant information.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require, or at the high level of service that which we pride ourselves.
How we collect personal information
Cafe2U collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information to us by telephone or in franchise documentation such as ‘information request’ forms or any other forms that are part of the franchisee selection process;
- from our network of preferred suppliers when you purchase equipment or products;
- from competition entry forms;
- directly from you, via our internet website (requests for information); and
- from third parties whom we may contract to collect and/or manage data on our behalf. We ensure that any third parties with access to your data are held to strict standards for data use and security.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- provide information to you about our products and services;
- communicate directly with you;
- assist us in managing your franchise selection;
- support your purchase of a Cafe2U franchise business;
- provide continuing support and assistance to your Cafe2U franchise business;
- comply with our legal obligations in the event of communication critical information (such as product recalls);
- help us manage our services; and
- conduct customer and market research to improve the quality of our products and services.
You may choose to unsubscribe of marketing and research communications by advising us directly. Please refer to our contact details below.
When we may disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Cafe2U. We ensure that any third parties with access to your data are held to strict standards for data use and security. These organisations may include:
- our nominated or approved supplier network;
- customer research;
- financial services and insurance;
- mailing systems and direct marketing;
- market research;
- government, regularity and law enforcement authorities and organisations, as required or authorised by law and
- our related companies.
How we store your personal information
Cafe2U will store your personal information in a secure environment. It is protected by a combination of physical and technological measures.
Collection of information other than personal information
If you visit our website, some of the information we collect about your visit to our website is not personal information because it does not reveal your identity. Information of this nature can include:
- site visit information
- when you visit our website, we collect general information about your visit which may include your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed, the information you downloaded and the type of Internet browser you used.
- we may use this information in anonymous, aggregated form, for statistical purposes only, to assist us in improving the quality and usability of our website cookies
- a cookie is a small string of information that a website transfers to your browser for identification purposes. The cookies we use may identify individual users.
- cookies can either be “persistent” or “session” based. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiration date, and are mainly for the user’s convenience. Session cookies are short-lived and are held on your browser’s memory only for the duration of your session, they are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser.
- we may use both session and persistent cookies. This information may be used to personalise your current visit to our and our contractors’ websites. Upon closing your browser, the session cookie is destroyed.
- most Internet browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can adjust your Internet browser to reject cookies or to notify you when they are being used. However, rejecting cookies may limit the functionality of our website.
Your rights and choices
The four legal grounds that are most relevant for Cafe2U to use your personal information are:
- Legitimate Interest
- Legal Obligation
However, you have the following right and choices:
- Consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- Access: You can request a copy of all of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us;
- Correction (‘Right to Rectification’): We always want to use the most up to date information about you, so please get in touch if you think we do not have that;
- Portability: If we have collected your data because you have given us consent, or because we need it in order to provide you with a product or service, you have the right to receive the information you gave us in a ‘machine-readable’ format;
- Deletion (‘Right to be Forgotten’): In some circumstances, including where we are relying on your consent to use your data, you have a right to request us to delete your information.
- by telephone: 0113 232 0118
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post: Cafe2U Head Office, 10 Fusion Court, Aberford Road, Garforth, West Yorkshire. LS25 2GH